Welcome to the NCAER website!
AER is the only international membership organization dedicated to rendering all possible support and assistance to the professionals who work in all phases of education and rehabilitation of blind and visually impaired children and adults. Our membership is comprised of almost 4,000 professionals who provide services to people with visual impairments.
AER provides professionals with:
- Access to several publications including JVIB
- Professional Development Opportunities and Conferences
- Advocacy on a National Level
- Member benefits, including hotel and rental car discounts, as well as Professional Liability Insurance opportunities
Our Local NCAER Chapter participates and supports:
- The North Carolina Conference on Visual Impairment and Blindness (NCCVIB)
- A newsletter documenting issues of more local interest to the professional community
- Mini grants for projects or activities that professionals may be interested in pursuing
On the Radar
- Innovation Project Mini-grants: information to come at the North Carolina Conference on Visual Impairment and Blindness (NCCVIB), March 9-10th, 2017 at the Embassy Suites in Winston-Salem
- Rachel Rawls professional achievement award: presented at NCCVIB
- NCVI-Network listserv soon to change name to the NCAER-Network and be promoted at NCCVIB
- Virtual, web-based NCAER Annual Meeting coming in April; details forthcoming, all members invited
- NCAER Meet & Greet Social during NCCVIB; details forthcoming, all members invited
Join the NCAER-Network Listserv
1. Go to Google Groups and search for NCAER-network, and then apply to the group; or
2. visit https://groups.google.com/d/forum/NCAER-network and apply to the group from that page.
WHEN YOU APPLY TO THE GROUP, PLEASE SHARE YOUR PROFESSIONAL ROLE IN THE VI COMMUNITY.
The latest installment of the NCAERolina newsletter for all things VI in NC is now available. Thank you to our editors Nita Smith and Kim Hudson! Click here to access a PDF version of it.