Welcome to the NCAER website!
Now is the time to join!
If you have never been a member of this great organization, now is the time to join! If you join between now and March 31, 2016, AER is offering a reduced membership fee of $145 and NCAER will enter your name in a drawing to win one of two All-Access Passes for either the Conference on Vision Loss in Older Adults and Veterans or the 2016 AER International Conference. That’s a $99 Value. The All-Access Pass gives you digital access to all sessions presented at each conference.
AER is the only international membership organization dedicated to rendering all possible support and assistance to the professionals who work in all phases of education and rehabilitation of blind and visually impaired children and adults. Our membership is comprised of almost 4,000 professionals who provide services to people with visual impairments.
AER provides professionals with:
- Access to several publications including JVIB
- Professional Development Opportunities and Conferences
- Advocacy on a National Level
- Member benefits, including hotel and rental car discounts, as well as Professional Liability Insurance opportunities
Our Local NCAER Chapter participates and supports:
- The North Carolina Conference on Visual Impairment and Blindness (NCCVIB)
- A newsletter documenting issues of more local interest to the professional community
- Two mini grants per year for projects or activities that professionals may be interested in pursuing
A BlindSquare Event is an opportunity for conference participants to use BlindSquare during the NCCVIB conference. BlindSquare is a popular outdoor navigation system app for users with visual impairments and blindness. As part of the BlindSquare Event, iBeacons will be deployed at the NCCVIB conference center for everyone to use throughout the conference. The iBeacons, in conjunction with the BlindSquare app, will provide indoor navigation with critical O&M information. The free BlindSquare Event app is specifically for NCCVIB participants and is bound by the approximate geography of the conference and time frame bracketing the conference. For more information, click here.
The latest installment of the NCAERolina newsletter for all things VI in NC is now available. Thank you to our editors Nita Smith and Kim Hudson! Click here to access a PDF version of it.