Welcome to the NCAER website!
AER is the only international membership organization dedicated to rendering all possible support and assistance to the professionals who work in all phases of education and rehabilitation of blind and visually impaired children and adults. Our membership is comprised of almost 4,000 professionals who provide services to people with visual impairments.
AER provides professionals with:
- Access to several publications including JVIB
- Professional Development Opportunities and Conferences
- Advocacy on a National Level
- Member benefits, including hotel and rental car discounts, as well as Professional Liability Insurance opportunities
Our Local NCAER Chapter participates and supports:
- The North Carolina Conference on Visual Impairment and Blindness (NCCVIB)
- Mini grants for projects or activities that professionals may be interested in pursuing
On the Radar
- Innovation Project Mini-grants:
To all NC AER chapter members,
- Would you like to attend the upcoming NC CEC Conference in Winston-Salem in January, but don't have the extra money to pay for registration?
- Would you like to sign up to participate in an exciting Perkins webinar, but don't have the extra funds to support the cost?
- Would you love to be able to purchase a vision simulators kit so you can help to raise awareness of individuals with visual impairment?
- Would you be interested in organizing a special learning opportunity for students with visual impairment, but don't know how to cover the cost?
Don't miss out on the NC AER Mini-Grant opportunity, which offers up to $500 in member grants per year! Grants will be awarded in amounts of $100 to $250 for each member currently involved in the education or rehabilitation of persons who are blind or visually impaired.
Ideas of how to use the money is endless! Submit your Innovative Project Grant application today. Information included within the attached NC AER handout of how to apply.
Application opens October 23, 2017 and closes November 30, 2017.
Join the NCAER-Network Listserv
1. Go to Google Groups and search for NCAER-network, and then apply to the group; or
2. visit https://groups.google.com/d/forum/NCAER-network and apply to the group from that page.
WHEN YOU APPLY TO THE GROUP, PLEASE SHARE YOUR PROFESSIONAL ROLE IN THE VI COMMUNITY.