Innovative Project Grants for members
The North Carolina Chapter of AER has a vested interest in the education and rehabilitation of children and adults with visual impairments. In order to advance the educational and rehabilitative opportunities of this population, NC AER has established a Fund for Innovative Projects. This fund will be made available to chapter members for the funding of special projects or activities.
NC AER will award up to up to $500 in member grants per year. Grants will be awarded in amounts of $100 to $250 each for North Carolina AER members currently involved in the education or rehabilitation of persons who are blind or visually impaired.
1. Grants can be used:
a. To attend professional development activities that involve travel away from home (not reimbursed by employer),
b. To fund research relevant to job activities,
c. To make or purchase materials to use with students or clients, and
d. To fund activities that will lead to student or client progress.
1. Shall be actively engaged in the education or rehabilitation of persons who are blind or visually impaired.
2. Shall be a member in good standing of North Carolina AER.
3. Shall not have received a member grant in the past three years.
1. Share what they learned through the grant by either
a. Writing an article for the North Carolina AER newsletter
b. Writing a NC AER Listserv posting, which will later be posted on the NC AER website
2. Submit receipts showing how the money was spent.
Applications shall be in the form of a letter or request to the North Carolina AER Board and shall include:
1. Name, address, e-mail address, and phone number,
2. AER member number,
3. What you plan to attend; what research you will pursue; or what materials you plan to purchase, and a description of how the funds will be used,
4. How you and your students/clients will benefit from your proposal,
5. Provide a summary of the costs involved, total amount requested from NC AER, and verify that purchase is not reimbursable by employer or other means,
6. How you plan to share this experience with other North Carolina AER members.
Application opens October 23, 2017 and closesNovember 30, 2017, and recipients will be notified on or before December 11, 2017. The decision of the committee is final. Under no circumstances is an applicant to contact the Board requesting justification of their decision.